Friday, August 29, 2008

Food For Friday...

I am so glad it's Friday!!! We made it through our first week of school. Well, almost. Let's just say that my son, Ben won't be receiving a perfect attendance award this year. When I went to pick him up on Wednesday, he was waiting in the nurses office. About ten minutes before school was out, he got sick... in the classroom:( So, yesterday, he was at home with me, doing the things you are supposed to do when you are sick- watching movies, and eating popsicles!

The recipe I am sharing on this FOOD FOR FRIDAY is an appetizer. My sister, Sarah gave me this recipe and whenever I need to take an appetizer somewhere, this is the one I take. It's always a hit. This will be a great one to make for all of you who will be watching football this weekend. GO BUCKEYES!!!

~The Very Best Onion Dip~

12-16 oz. frozen chopped onions
24 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayo

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thaw onions and roll in paper towels to remove water. Mix all ingredients together and place in a 2-qt. dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown. Serve with Fritos or Triscuits.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. First of all, Go Buckeyes!! (I am Ohio born and raised, did you know that? Also a huge Browns fan!) Secondly, thanks for the dip recipe! Maybe I will use it for a BBQ we are attending this weekend! Have a great Labor Day!! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks Yummy!!! Are you going to serve this at your open house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy; I printed it out and plan to make it on Sunday when we have guests over. Thanks, and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I saw you over at Carrie's (queen bee's) site. I love the header pic on your blog. I'd love to have one of those with my kids. Wow!

    Also... the recipe looks yummy. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy recipe...you can never go wrong with it! I love blog makeover too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there :) I'm new to your blog...have enjoyed visiting very much and I'll definitely be back!

    Thanks for sharing that recipe...sounds delicious and easy to prepare!

    Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

    Blessings to you :)
    ~Michelle (Treasure the Moment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog! I invite you visit www.poweruplove.comPowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christy - sounds like a yummy appetizer. I have never bought frozen onions!
    Sorry to hear about your little guy ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christy! Just wanted to say that I am giving you a little award on my blog on Tuesday. :) Have a good day!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy recipe! I love also love the signs your children are holding on the first day of school! How fun!

    Your daughter is beautiful and I hope her senior year is full of wonderful memories and excitement for the future!
    -Sandy Toes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Ben was feeling better by the weekend. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...