Monday, August 11, 2008

Home...


We are back home now after one of the most relaxing weekends we've had in a long time. This weekend was spent with friends and family and making some special memories. Not only did we have a wonderful time, but we also had the most beautiful weather for this time of year. Normally, it is in the upper 80's and 90's with a lot of humidity. The last several days though have only been in the low 80's and hardly a cloud in the sky.  It was perfect weather for canoeing, being on the 4-wheelers, and hanging out on the porch. We pulled into the driveway last night and the thermometer read 76 degrees. It reminded me that Fall is just around the corner.

Here are a few highlights from this past weekend...

Steve and I took the boys to Aunt Say Say's and Uncle Mike's so they could have some fun. Their weekend was spent helping Uncle Mike with some yard work, watching movies, miniature golf, and go-carts...




Steve and I then headed off to spend with the weekend at a friend's house with his sister, Joy...


Our day began sitting out here with a cup of coffee. We sat out here in the evening too... until the bats started flying around.

There were lots of these...

So we made...


Salsa!!! It was delicious. Since we brought so many home, I know what Steve is doing tonight!


We then spent an afternoon doing this...


Our friend gave me this chair...



At one time, this was a pew in an old church. The man that found this, cut the pew and made chairs out of it. I love the chair and I love the story behind it.

My sister-in-law brought this home...

This is Ruby... isn't she cute? 


Now, it's time to get back into our regular routines. This week I need to start back-to-school shopping. Fall really is just around the corner.


10 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you are home, safe and sound!

    From the looks of things, you had a WONDERFUL weekend!!

    That salsa looks pretty yummy too!!!

    Enjoy your "back-to-school shopping.

    Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just recently found your blog and have really enjoyed it (and your sister's too, I found them together!). Glad you had a nice weekend, it looked amazing!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great chair! We have an old pew in our kitchen, and it's one of my favorite things. Its curves and lines have so much character, and sometimes I try to imagine what all it has "seen" in its day: prayers, tears, joy, weddings, endless-to-a-child's-mind sermons on hot summer days. Someday I'd like to redo some things in our home, but that it one item I never want to give up. :)

    I'm glad you had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I love the wire baskets the tomatoes are in. Yummy homemade salsa! I'd love the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like ya'll had a great trip! I love salsa and yours looks so good! What a great chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had a great time. Good for you for making great memories!
    I'm looking at those tomatoes with an envious eye, and a drooling mouth. I can't wait for my tomatoes to turn red. There is nothing better than a freshly picked tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your photos are wonderful. It must have been a wonderful get away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness that is a big puppy!! I love the chair/pew as well. When can I have a house tour?

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Fall and I am so glad it is just around the corner. It is my absolute favorite time of year.

    Glad you had a good weekend. Now get back to blogging!!HA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the chair! And puppy breath? Is there anything better? :) Glad you had a good time. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...