2. I really, really need some warm weather and sunshine.
3. I have been re-evaluating how I plan our dinners and the amount of money we are spending. My goal is to start saving $100+ a month. I love cooking so I still want to be able to fix creative and tasty dinners. I normally plan two weeks of dinners but I 'm wondering if I should start just doing it a week at a time.
4. Last night, our daughter, Jessica wanted some chocolate chip cookies. I love that she still asks me to bake cookies for her. Anyway, I tried a new recipe which is always hard for me because I have this sense of obligation to never stray from the Nestle recipe for chocolate chip cookies. The cookies come out all soft and thick which is exactly how I like them. Secret ingredients... vegetable oil and cream of tartar. Go figure. The bad part about the cookies is that I am currently trying to lose some weight and I totally caved last night and ate three. Darn it.
5. I like the show "24". This is the first season I've watched and I am still trying to figure out the whole time-line thing and how all this stuff that is happening to Jack actually takes place in a 24 hour period. Or something like that. I also like the fact that I sit next to my husband and we watch the show together.
6. With having two sons, ages 12 and 13, I pulled out all the "teen" books we read when our daughter (who will be 19 next week... just not possible!) was this age. Teenagers. They are sweet and vulnerable and so much smarter than what I realize at times.