Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kitchen...



I thought I would share some pictures of our new kitchen. I really wish I was able to show some pictures of what it looked like before the remodeling. There are pictures somewhere in the bag of undeveloped film in my drawer. To get those pictures I would have to take about 8 rolls of film to be developed. I'll save that for another day. Yes, I did just recently make the switch to a digital camera. Change isn't always easy for me with some things. I loved my old camera. That camera went everywhere with me and I captured many special memories using that camera. It was kind of hard to pack it up knowing I wasn't going to be using it as much anymore. Does this sound like an unhealthy attachment? I am having a lot of fun with my new one though!

We are currently living in a parsonage. It wasn't officially a parsonage until our family moved in last September. It is a wonderful home. I have so many memories of being in this house prior to us actually living here. At some point in my daughter's life she has been in every single room of this home for Sunday school or youth group meetings. It has been an incredible journey of how the Lord has brought us here. I'll save that for another time, another post.

As I was saying, our kitchen was completely gutted so that there would be a whole new layout of the kitchen. This house was built in 1973. It is your typical "Brady Bunch" style tri-level. Need I say more? There was A LOT of updating that needed done. Thanks to a group of talented and gifted men from our church who spent many, many hours of hard work, we now have a new kitchen.



I love this island. I love to prepare food here and then be able to use it as a serving area. Before this, the kitchen was enclosed.


A new window was put in so know we can look out into the backyard.



This is the first time I've ever painted a room red. I love it! It's called Posh Red from Lowe's.


Just in case you are wondering I do know "raspberries" is misspelled. As the Nester from The Nesting Place says, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

4 comments:

  1. Red is my new favorite color to decorate with. I LOVE that "Raspberry" is spelled incorrectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart your kitchen (and you, too!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I love the colors and the finishes. So cute!

    PS Just a tip, if you upload all your pictures first and then type around them then us nosy people can click on them to enlarge them. I love studying pictures and getting ideas and it is hard to see them when they are small. :) For some reason if you upload your pictures and then drag them to where you want them you can't enlarge them. Just a tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your red kitchen is beautiful! Very nice decorating choice!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...