Sunday, August 01, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake

We've just returned home from a wonderful vacation visiting my parents in Virginia. Whenever we make the trip there, we take advantage of being able to visit some very dear friends of ours that live in the D.C. area. Liz has a passion for cooking and she certainly didn't disappoint us with the fabulous lunch she prepared for us. After lunch, we decided to make a trip into Georgetown for what else but cupcakes!!! Perhaps you have heard or seen the new show on TLC called "DC Cupcakes". This is where it all takes place...



We waited in line for about an hour which gave us plenty of time to decide what kind of cupcake we were going to have.


We even got to meet Sophie who was so kind, generous and every bit like what you see on the show.


Ben and I both chose the Chocolate2 cupcake because really, what other option is there?


Sam and my husband both went with the Lava Fudge Cupcake...


Thank you Liz and Ryan for a day filled with fun, delicious food, and great conversation. We can't wait to see you again!

Here are the recipes from Liz's menu...

Summer Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

Barefoot Contessa Barbecue Sauce

Cannoli Dip with Strawberries



5 comments:

  1. Oh that cupcake looks delish! I should try and catch that show. Is it on out in California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that show, how fun. You really do have to wait in line for their cupcakes? Were they worth the wait? I'm glad you got to meet one of the sisters. Makes it worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool thing to do! i love cupcakes! and, did you know that I read on Yahoo one morning that cupcakes were going out of style??? Ummmm, sorry Yahoo, but I think you're sadly mistaken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe i forgot about DC cupcakes... just took my parents to DC for the day and didn't stop in... must go back :)
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures of the boys. The cupcakes were fantastic! Thanks for making time for us, we look forward to seeing you all again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...