1 ) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Definitely hot chocolate. I love the idea of eggnog but I just can't seem to make myself like it.
2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Although I grew up believing in Santa, it's not something we have done with our children. We wrap the presents and place them under the tree. I try to wait until Christmas Eve but it doesn't work. I like how pretty it looks with presents under the tree.
3) Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Although my children beg for colored lights every year, I go with white. They will probably be in counseling over this when they are adults.
4) Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but perhaps this year we will!
5) When do you put your decorations up?
A couple days after Thanksgiving.
6) What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
On Christmas Eve we have all hors' d oeuvres. Party Ryes, sausage balls, artichoke dip... oh my!
7) Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Just having Christmas at my Nana and Pa's house. I loved everything about it... the anticipation of waking up the next morning and wondering what gifts were going to be under the tree, the delicious food that was prepared, and just the memories that were made. There were a few years that Pa even decorated the tree with money!
8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I honestly don't remember.
9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We wait until Christmas morning.
10) How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
White lights and ornaments that have been given to the children each year.
11) Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love it for Christmas but then I want it to go away. Here in Ohio, we have some beautiful snow falls, but then the next day it could be 50 degrees and then it's all gray and slushy.
12) Can you ice skate?
I would like to think I can.
13) Do you remember your favorite gift?
As a child, it was definitely my Barbie Dreamhouse and Donny and Marie Osmond microphone. As an adult, I would have to say a lot of times it's just the simple things that are given with a lot of love. Other favorites have been the weekend trip some of our good friends gave to us to the Buckhorn Inn located in the Smokey Mountains. My parents have also taken the whole family to Sunset Beach as a Christmas gift. That one always tops the list!
14) What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my family as well as focusing and celebrating what the true meaning of Christmas really is.
15) What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Buckeyes, Creme De Menthe Cake, Cranberry Bog Pie. Was I only supposed to mention one?
16) What is your favorite holiday tradition?
All of them! Everything from cutting out own Christmas tree to the children sleeping together on Christmas Eve. We have lots of traditions in our family and I love them all!
17) What tops your Christmas tree?
As of today, our tree is without a topper. The one we had broke last year and I haven't replaced it yet. I would like to find a really neat star.
18) Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. I love giving a gift and seeing the delight and happiness it has brought to the other person. I also enjoy the gifts that are unexpected but will mean a lot to the other person. Whether it's something tangible or perhaps just the gift of my time, a handwritten letter, or taking a meal. Would I sound shallow if I admitted I do like to receive? Receiving gifts is one of my love languages. Honestly.
19) What is your favorite Christmas song?
O' Holy Night. I also love hearing Silent Night at church on Christmas Eve during the candlelight service. I cry every year.
20) Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum?
Pretty to look at, but I don't like to eat them.
21) What do you want for Christmas?
On my list this year is a pasta pot, Kitchen Aid ice cream scoop, a lens for my camera, and always pajamas! I also want this to be a Christmas that is filled with lots and lots of memories, laughter, love, and celebrating the birth of our King.
22) Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
For the last six years or so, we have attended an Christmas dinner with close friends of ours.
23) Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ's?
PJ's for sure!
24) Do you own a Santa hat?
25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Our family spends Christmas with my parents, and my sister and her husband. The day after Christmas is spent with Steve's family.
Now I am tagging the following people:
Sarah - Nesting In Pleasant View
Kim - Might As Well Dance
Lori - Welcome To My World
Stacy - The Blessed Nest
Debbie - Everyday Blessings of the Fivedees
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the questions.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.