Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow!!!

We woke up this morning to snow falling and the news that school was cancelled. I was supposed to work today, but because of the treacherous roads and what will be a pretty slow day at the store, I am able to stay home. I think a day at home with all things warm and cozy is just what this heart needs.


So, here is what I am dreaming up for this snowy, wintery day.

Baking Christmas cookies...





Perhaps I will pull out the blanket I began knitting last year. It seems that I only pull this project out on days like today.


Of course, our favorite wintertime treat will be had by all.


I will settle into my favorite chair, wrapped in my favorite quilt and read a little...


But the best part is being able to have the day with these three...



5 comments:

  1. Snow days are the BEST!! Sounds like a perfect winter day! What a blessing to be snowed in with those you love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the snow for me, please! Believe it or not, we have yet to have a significant snowfall in Denver! It has been in the 60's this week. I am missing snow. Hope you have a wonderful warm & cozy day with your family. Did your hubby sled down the hill to his office? ;)
    P.S. I saw your sister's fun news! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! Nothing like a good SNOW DAY!!! More snow fell in Indy as well! I been enjoying the kitchen as well and am about to settle in with a book in front of a crackling fire in the fireplace and the twinkling Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the snow! It must be cold! Oh and those cookies look yummy. Enjoy your time with your precious loved ones!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...