Monday, April 12, 2010

Thankful....

It's been pretty quiet here at home for the last couple of hours and it has given me time to come before the Lord with a heart of thankfulness and praise.

Thank you, Lord for...

Friends that live far away and come for weekend visits. Even though we may not talk or see each other often, it's a friendship that is familiar, safe, and lasting.

The time spent talking and laughing with my boys this morning.

Knowing that I don't have to be responsible for how things turn out. What I am responsible for is being obedient to what God is requiring of me.

A daughter's heart that finds encouragement in the words of her Dad and comfort in his hugs.

The time that will spent with my mom, sister and niece this week.

A peace that passes all understanding.

The warm weather and sunshine for Sam's first track meet today.

Friends that support, encourage, carry my burdens, pray, and love me well.

Our church.

I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my mediation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. ~ Psalm 104:33-34

12 comments:

  1. Hi there, What sweet thankful list and what a blessing you are to those in your life.
    Have a wonderful warm day!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful things to be thankful for! :)
    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Christy,

    This is a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! I loved your comment about not having to be responsible for how things turn out, but rather, being responsible for obedience to the Lord...great thought. Thank you for sharing your list today. I am always encouraged when I stop by your blog. :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Christy! So good to connect here on your blog. I love the new spring look. Your blog feels the way I imagine your home to feel... warm and inviting and peaceful. I hope you are doing great Friend. Hugs, Kim PS ~ Your photography skills are just great.... you have become quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a sweet place and reminds me of
    all i have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...don't have to be responsible for the way things turn out...

    I HAVE to remember this!!! Thank you for mentioning it. I only have one responsibility, and that is to obey God. What a freeing thought.

    (I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but thanks for letting me visit! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love how you wrote that you don't have to be responsible for how things turn out.

    "What I am responsible for is being obedient to what God is requiring of me."

    This spoke to me. Thank you for that.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just learning the whole "blog-o-sphere" - LOL! Started building my own blog last nite, with the tremendous help of a good friend (gift from God). I enjoyed your blog & just wanted to stop by to let you know. God is so good & faithful. I've been sitting on my gift of writing for years. Now, I believe, I finally have an avenue with which to reach others for Him. Hope you'll check in on mine as I build it up more, and perhaps will find a desire to follow mine as well. Have a blessed day ~ Merana

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good post. I am a regular follower but 6 weeks ago my three year old son was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer. My whole world has been turned upside down. Today is one of the first days I have had to stop and check out some of my favorite blogs. Thank you for this post.
    Lori Harper
    Story, AR

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...