Wednesday, November 04, 2009

My Prayer...

These last few months have found me in a place of some emotional and spiritual up's and down's. Being a woman of patience, consistency, and discipline isn't always easy. I have wanted to throw in the towel at times and start waving the white flag of surrender. Through it all, I do know with everything I have God is there, and He is faithful. I keep clinging to Him, trusting His character, and believing Him at His word.

There are several new and exciting challenges that I am facing as a wife and mom - places of discovery, growth, and freedom. Places where love can grow deeper and stronger; encouragement and understanding comes sooner than later; and guidance and wisdom take the lead. They are places of surrender and trust so that in the end, I look a little more like Him.


The circumstances that happen throughout the day are far from predictable. Hard and difficult days that make me reach out to Him to be carried because on my own, I may not stand. Days filled with joy and laughter that cause me to cry out with gratitude and thankfulness. I don't know what each day will hold, but I do have a Father in heaven who does. He will carry me through with His love, strength, wisdom, and endless grace.

I am seeing and feeling the hope again. Jesus breathing life in and around me again. Oh, I knew that it never stopped, but I was just so tired. I am tired of worrying, wondering, and wanting to have all the answers.

Sometimes, I just don't have the words to pray. So, I open my Bible, read, and so much of the time, the prayers begin - the cries and desires of my heart.

Which is the case today...


Teach me O LORD, the way of your statutes;
and I will keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
Confirm to your servant your promise, that you may be feared.
Turn away the reproach that I dread, for your rules are good.
Behold, I long for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life!

Psalm 119:33-40 (ESV)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Christy,

    I am praying for you and missing your posts. Thank you so much for sharing...Ive been missing you!!

    Kellye

    p.s. Do we need to talk Gosselin...I mean come on now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. We all need to hear that we are not alone in times of trials. Blessings to you.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did Christy!!

    It is so sad, and I really just keep thinking that they are going to wake up and realize what they have done and are doing before it is just too late.

    Thank you for the sweet comment!! I did the header by just cutting and pasting on my photo editing software. Im not good at it so I really couldnt explain, but I know that you can do that kind of stuff on scrapblog...I just wouldn't know where to start.

    I have been out of the loop too and are in the midst of making some major life changes over here...still in prayer and research mode, but I see big changes for us 2010.

    I hope you are okay over there and if you need anything, please email me!!

    Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It means the world to me, especially when someone comments on my posts about Mom. Because anything I write about her is far more precious to me than all the other "stuff".
    You have a beautiful blog, and I am definitely following.
    I am so thankful for the many Godly women in blogland that I receive so much encouragement from.
    Bless you,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see a post from you my friend. Praying that during this season...you are finding great rest and comfort as you draw near to him!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...